New members: the last day for completed membership applications and all supporting documentation to be received, including references and fellowship verification, is May 25, 2023.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submissions
ASRS Regular, FIT, and International Members are invited to submit one late-breaking abstract even if they have already accepted an invitation to present a paper at the 2023 Annual Meeting. Non-members and Ophthalmology Resident Members may not submit an abstract in this category.
Requirements are as follows:
- Priority will be given to first-time results of clinical trials that have not been presented to date.
- Abstracts must be true late breakers (i.e. data was not available at time of original abstract deadline in January).
- Late-breaking abstracts will be interspersed into the scientific symposia on Saturday, July 29 through Tuesday, August 1. Members should ensure their availability over these dates before submitting.
- Substitute presenters are NOT allowed. The abstract submitter will be listed as the lead author; this cannot be changed after acceptance of an invitation.
- Only lead authors are required to submit a financial disclosure since they (and not co-authors) are considered to be in control of the educational content. Co-author names will be acknowledged; however, their disclosures will not be published or resolved.
- Please be sure to read the FAQs about financial disclosures, especially if you hold an executive role with an ineligible company (i.e. named title such as Chief Officer).
CLICK HERE FOR FAQS ABOUT FINANCIAL DISCLOSURES
Submit a late-breaking abstract
Women in Retina Case Conference Submissions
ASRS members are invited to submit an abstract of an interesting, challenging, or unusual medical or surgical case for the WinR Case Conference which will be held in the evening on Sunday, July 30 during the ASRS Annual Meeting. Please note that non-members are not eligible to submit a case.
Educational Objectives and Purpose
The goal of the ASRS 41st Annual Meeting is to improve the competence of vitreoretinal specialists to diagnose and treat vitreous and retinal disorders and diseases using the most advanced concepts and techniques available. The ASRS 41st Annual Meeting will provide a forum for rapid dissemination of the most recent scientific research results to the target audience in attendance. Its purpose is to allow the presentation of new and ongoing research data to assist practicing vitreoretinal specialists in maintaining knowledge and skills in their medical field.
Upon completion of the scientific sessions, participants shall be able to describe the findings, diagnosis, and treatment of various vitreoretinal disorders such as macular degeneration, choroidal neovascularization, diabetic retinopathy, venous occlusive disease, macular holes, epiretinal membranes, ocular inflammatory disease, tumors, proliferative vitreoretinopathy, retinopathy of prematurity, retinal degenerations, and retinal detachment.
CME Credit Statement
The American Society of Retina Specialists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Retina Specialists designates this Other activity (blended live and enduring material) for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Notifications and Deadlines
January 3, 2023
- Last day to apply for membership (all references and documentation must be received on or before this date)
February 2, 2023
- Abstract deadline for papers/papers on demand, posters, cases, and films
March 27, 2023
- Notifications sent out for papers/papers on demand, posters, and films
April 3, 2023
- Notifications sent out for cases
April 10, 2023
- Deadline to accept invitations to present papers, papers on demand, posters, cases, and films
May 5, 2023
- Late breaking and WinR case conference abstract submissions open
May 25, 2023
- Last date to become a member to register for the Annual Meeting
May 15, 2023
- Completed Film Festival video uploads
June 12, 2023
- Completed papers-on-demand and cases-on-demand
June 16, 2023
- Late breaking and WinR case conference abstract submissions close at 11:59 PM CT
June 19, 2023
- Completed E-poster uploads
Vice President of Education