Patient Assistance Programs
Patients with chronic retinal diseases like age-related macular degeneration (AMD) often can’t afford the out-of-pocket co-pay costs for the prescription drugs needed for treatment.
Privately insured patients, including those who purchase insurance through state insurance exchanges, can seek assistance directly from pharmaceutical-sponsored and independent programs.
Availability and eligibility of patient assistance programs (PAPs) can change at any time, so contact program representatives for current information.
Allergan offers patient assistance for dexamethasone (Ozurdex®) for treatment of retinal vein occlusion (RVO), diabetic macular edema and uveitis. (866) 698-7339, option 4
Bausch + Lomb:
Bausch + Lomb offers patients assistance for pegaptanib sodium (Macugen®) and verteporfin (Visudyne®).
- Focus on Access or (866) 272-8838
Lucentis Access Solutions offers several programs to assist patients in gaining access to Lucentis for treatment of macular diseases, RVO and diabetic retinopathy, including:
- Genentech Access to Care Foundation (GATCF) or (866) 422-2377
- Lucentis Copay Card or (855) 218-5307
- Patient Access page for co-pay foundations and more 1-866-4ACESS
- JetreaCare or (855) Try-Jetrea
Independent patient assistance programs (PAPs) offer benefits for patients with Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance:
- The Patient Access Network (PAN) Foundation (www.panfoundation.org) offers assistance with copayments related to treatment for macular diseases, retinal vein occlusion (RVO) and uveitis. (800) 316-7263
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) (www.rarediseases.org) has offered PAPS since 1987 to help patients obtain medication, financial assistance with insurance premiums and co-pays, diagnostic testing, and travel assistance for clinical trials, consultations and disease specialists. NORD offers disease-specific assistance programs for patients with RVO and uveitis. (800) 999-6673, ext. 219. Visit patient assistance program.
- The Chronic Disease Fund (CDF) (www.gooddaysfromcdf.org) provides assistance with co-pays/co-insurance for treatment associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and RVO. (877) 968-7233