22nd Annual Business of Retina Meeting: Friday Pre-meeting Workshop
3/20/2020 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Don’t miss the opportunity to attend a special pre-meeting business skills workshop at the Business of Retina Meeting on Friday evening, March 20 at 7:00-9:00 PM. This inaugural session is offered to all attendees at no additional charge this year. RSVP to reserve your spot.
Topics will include:
Financial Reporting and Management of Part B Drugs in a Retina Practice
Speakers: Paul Lucas, MHA and Jim Driscoll, CPA
This talk will include highlights of accounting for a Retina Practice with an emphasis on the buy and bill drug process:
- Common financial statements – what they mean and how to use in management
- Cash vs. Accrual - practical aspects of each
- General Ledger set up – sometimes less is more
- How to functionally and financially manage and report the buy and bill process at each stage - purchase, storage, and payment
Revenue Cycle Excellence…Practical Strategies for Success
Speaker: Michael Romano
This talk with focus on the critical book-ends of the revenue cycle process: data inputs at patient registration, and strategic analysis of accounts receivable on the back end.
- Ensuring that the correct information is entered at patient registration in order to successfully submit claims.
- Training staff on correct data collection and entry and measuring staff performance on this metric.
- Evaluating accounts receivable by payer and plan in order to find high yield opportunities to drive down AR.