Gustavo Hüning, MD, MBA, DiSSO
+55 553-290-7501 office
Education and Training
- Retinal fellowship
- Clínica Oftalmológica Santa Fé, Puerto Ordaz - Venezuela
- Ophthalmology residency
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brazil
- Medical school
- Pontifíca Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre - RS - Brazil
- Retinal fellowship
- Clínica Oftalmológica San Camilo, Berazategui - Argentina
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
2018-19 – Global Scholar in Surgical Leadership – Harvard Medical School (HMS), Boston/USA
2010-14 – Master in Business Administration (MBA) – Getúlio Vargas Foundation (FGV), Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre/Brazil
2012-13 – Diploma of Specialist Superior in Ophthalmology (DiSSO) – European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology (ESASO), Lugano/Switzerland
2013-13 – Surgical Retina Fellowship – San Camilo Eye Clinic, Buenos Aires/Argentina
2012-13 – Surgical and Medical Retina Fellowship – Santa Fé Ophthalmology Clinic, Puerto Ordaz/Venezuela
2010-12 – Ophthalmology Degree – Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUCRIO), Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
2009-09 – First year of Ophthalmology Specialization – Instituto de Oftalmologia Córdoba (IOC), Córdoba/Argentina
2003-08 – Medical Degree – Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS), Porto Alegre/Brazil
Retina, cataract and ocular trauma microsurgeon at:
HÜNING Clínica do Olhar, Santa Maria – RS/Brazil (since 2019)
HÜNING Ophthalmology and Reasearch, Porto Alegre – RS/Brazil (2014 - 2019)
Eye Clinic Quarta Colônia, Faxinal do Soturno – RS/Brazil (since 2014)
Vice-President at HRPC – Health Clinical Research Representation (2007-2019)
A company dedicated to work with clinical trials as developer and/or consultant. Capable to give a full support during new diseases, new medications, or new devices studies. Pharmacovigilance, PIs headhunting, research products storage, research projects design are also under the umbrella.
Principal Investigator in several clinical trials concerning retina, glaucoma and cornea.
– Retina Today (May/Jun 2015): Pars Plana Vitrectomy: Beyond the OR.
– Retina Today (Nov/Dec 2017): The Birth of a New 3-D Viewing System.
– TVRS retina wetlab instructor
– ESCRS cataract wetlab instructor
– Featured Poster – WOC 2014: 3D Printers and their use in Ophthalmology, a New Revolution.
– AAO 2018 Retina Subspecialty Day "My Coolest Surgical Video" Award Winner: What to do When your Fluid/Air Exchange Doesn´t Work?