Advocacy & Practice Updates — Advocacy & Practice
Attention AllScripts Users–How Does Your Practice Stack Up?
Free Member Service Puts Your Practice’s Data to Work for You in a Snap
ASRS’s Retina PractiCare is the go-to resource for data on how your practice compares with national and regional trends. Practice-specific Retina PractiCare reports can help you determine changes in coding and billing to avoid costly audits and recoupments, bolster negotiating power with payers, and strengthen arguments against comparisons with comprehensive ophthalmologist.
Retina PractiCare is the only HIPAA compliant benchmarking tool based solely on claims from retina practices that:
- Analyzes healthcare service utilization trends
- Establishes normative practice and coding patterns
- Provides retina-specific data for responding to insurers’ efforts to create “efficiency” in practice
The complimentary member service is compatible with AllScripts and easy to use. When you enroll, ASRS will work with you to get your practice up and running with Retina PractiCare quickly.
Turn your claims into intelligence: Enroll in Retina PractiCare
Free participation and reports: The only requirements for participation are ASRS membership, AllScripts’ built-in access to your claims data in the 837/EDI (electronic data interchange) format, and quarterly data submissions. Free practice-specific reports are provided by ASRS quarterly and annually.
Participate in 3 easy steps:
- Enroll and confirm access to, and the format of, your claims data. You’ll receive an email from ASRS with everything you need to participate.
- Use the Retina PractiCare Tool to create temporary Protected Health Information (PHI)-free files from your claims data and submit the files to secure AWS GovCloud Servers
- Receive and benefit from your practice-specific reports
A valuable resource for all retina practices. Only you will have access to data on how your practice compares to the aggregated national and regional data.
Questions or need help submitting data? Contact Robbie Gerson
(Posted February 9, 2016)