Advocacy & Practice Updates — Advocacy & Practice
2018 QPP Performance Information Available on Medicare Care Compare/Webinar
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has added new 2018 Quality Payment Program performance information to Medicare Care Compare and the Provider Data Catalog (PDC), the successor websites to Physician Compare and the Physician Compare Downloadable Database (sunset as of December 1, 2020). Medicare patients can use the Care Compare website to search for and compare physicians enrolled in Medicare.
Information on physicians/groups profile pages includes:
- MIPS quality measures reported and displayed as measure-level star ratings;
- 7 Consumer Assessment for Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS summary survey score measures displayed as top-box percent performance scores on group profile pages;
- 9 Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) quality measures reported as star ratings;
- 13 Promoting Interoperability (PI) measures reported as star ratings;
- 10 PI attestations reported as a checkmark;
- 113 Improvement Activity (IA) attestations reported as checkmarks; and
- aggregate MIPS performance information in the Shared Savings and Next Generation Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Programs.
See the Physician Compare Initiative page for details and 2018 Quality Payment Program Performance Information Published on Care Compare Fact Sheet. For questions about public reporting, contact PhysicianCompare-Helpdesk@AcumenLLC.com.
CMS is hosting a one-hour webinar on the 2018 Quality Payment Program performance information including live Q&A on December 17, 2020 at 11:00 AM ET/8:00 AM PT. Click to register for webinar.