Practice Administrators Employment Opportunities
Retina-related employment opportunities are listed as a service to the retina community. Please direct questions to the contacts for each posting rather than the ASRS office.
WESLEY CHAPEL, FLORIDA
Experienced Retina Technician needed for growing Retina practice in Tampa Bay area. Must have minimum of 2 years Retina experience to apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ophthalmic Surgical Assisting
New Haven, Connecticut
Assist the surgeons during the eye operation and treatment procedures, as well as during checkups. You will need to check the condition of the eye(s) of the patient and assist for the presence of abnormalities. You will also make use of the ultrasound equipment to diagnose diseases and dysfunctions. With the help of clinical photography techniques, you will take images of the eyes through computed tomography. They perform tests to check cornel and retinal defects. They also take measurements of the eye through anatomical and functional procedures.
Additional Duties: Instructing and checking other ophthalmic staffs to practice effectively at their jobs, inquiry on the patients, checking for signs of recovery, maintenance of the equipment's that are used in the procedures performed by the surgeon. Making sure that there is always enough supply of the materials needed, promotion of general care, giving in structions to patients, documentation of patient history, and updating the electronic charts.
- High school diploma or equivalent with experience in an ophthalmology setting and willing to train as an Ophthalmology Assistant; OR
- Medical Assistant who is a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program willing to train as an Ophthalmology Assistant; OR
- High school diploma or equivalent plus successful completion of a JRCOMP (Joint Review Committee for Ophthalmic Medical Personnel) approved program for Ophthalmology Assistants Plus a minimum or one year of satisfactory, full-time work experience under ophthalmologic Supervision, including training in all skills listed in professional criteria. Equivalency criteria may be substituted as described in the JCAHPO - Blue Book.
Busy Retina Ophthalmology practice is seeking a part time ophthalmic technician. Qualified individuals should have at least 1 year of experience working in a fast-paced environment, along with superior clinical skills to include history taking and check-in procedures.
Individual must be flexible in their weekly work schedule, have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
Practice Administrator to Join a Growing Retina Practice in WA
Retina Institute of Washington is a retina-only private practice with two fully-trained surgeons in two beautiful offices, both 20 min South from Seattle/Bellevue. Both offices are conveniently located near major local hospitals and equipped with most advanced equipment and EHR system.
Since we opened our first office in Renton in 2010, we have been striving to provide the best possible and the most available retina care in the community. As a result, we earned referral offices trust and plan to continue to grow in the area.
We have built a great team of staff with lead technician and billing manager and would like to invite a capable and motivated individual for the administrator position to further grow this practice together; he/she will be responsible for overall administration and day-to-day operations of the practice including, but not limited to, personnel management (staff and physicians), public relations and marketing, facility, overhead management (purchasing, payroll and accounts payable), cost accounting and managed care contract negotiations, planning, assisting physicians with monitoring of continuing education/licensure requirements, clinic compliance with OSHA, HIPAA, Coding Compliance, and all other aspects of daily operations.
For more information, please visit our website at www.RetinaInstituteWA.com.
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years clinic administration or comparable experience.
* SKILLS: Proven personnel management skills required. Must be computer literate and able to use EHR, practice management, word processing, accounting and spreadsheet programs with ease.
* JUDGMENT/DECISIONS: Must be very organized and able to use independent decision making skills on a daily basis while bringing broader issues with background information to the Managing Director for decision making.