Industry News — Clinical Updates
World's Leading Retina Organization Announces Launch of Journal of VitreoRetinal Diseases
The American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) and SAGE Publishing announce the inaugural issue of the Journal of VitreoRetinal Diseases (JVRD). The new scientific journal from the world’s largest retina organization will provide unparalleled coverage of the rapidly growing universe of retina research.
“JVRD brings to bear the ASRS’s considerable breadth, vitality, credibility and reputation for excellence in capturing today’s most important retina science, clinical information and thought leadership,” said JVRD Editor-in-Chief, Donald J. D’Amico, MD. View a message from Dr. D’Amico >>
The journal will feature original basic, translational and clinical research. Papers will be subject to a rigorous peer-review process initiated by JVRD ‘s notable international editorial board to assure the highest quality and eventual placement in key indexing systems such as PubMed.
The print and online publication will be circulated 6 times per year to a comprehensive audience of researchers and retina readers by subscription and as a free benefit to ASRS members worldwide. Articles and supplemental multi-media content can be found at http://jvrd.sagepub.com.
The inaugural issue of JVRD includes the following articles:
- The American Society of Retina Specialists 2016 Founders Award Lecture: Retinal Tumors: Understanding Clinical Features, OCT Morphology, and Therapy by Carol L. Shields, MD, and Jerry A. Shields, MD.
- The Foundation of the American Society of Retina Specialists Presidents’ Young Investigator Award Lecture: Solving AMD: Moving Forward by Stepping Back by Jayakrishna Ambati, MD.
- Does Internal Limiting Membrane Peeling Size Matter? by David H. W. Steel, MBBS, FRCOphth; Yunzi Chen, MBBS; James Latimer, MBBS; Kathryn White, PhD; and Peter J. Avery, PhD.
- Management of Large Submacular Hemorrhages Due to Exudative AMD Utilizing Pars Plan Vitrectomy, Subretinal Tissue Plasminogen Activator, and Gas Insertion Compared With Antivascular Endothelial Growth Factor Alone by Enchun M. Liu, MD; Rithwick Rajagopal, MD, PhD; Bradley T. Smith, MD; and M. Gilbert Grand, MD.
- Prevalence of Different Optical Coherence Tomography Findings in Spanish Cohort With High Myopia by Miguel Ruão, MD; Maria Andreu-Fenoll, RN; Rosa Dolz-Marco, MD, FEBO; and Roberto Gallego-Pinazo, MD, PhD, FEBO.
- Progression from No AMD to Intermediate AMD as Influenced by Antioxidant Treatment and Genetic Risk: An Analysis of Data From the Age-Related Eye Disease Study Cataract Trial by Carl C. Awh, MD; Brent Zanke, MD, PhD; and Rafal Kustra, PhD
- Epiretinal Membrane Peeling in Patients With Good Preoperative Vision by Nicholas D. Chinskey, MD and Gaurav K. Shah, MD
- Cytomegalovirus Retinitis Outcomes in HIV-Infected and Non-HIV Patients as a Tertiary Care Center by Anton Orlin, MD; Jennifer Nadelmann, BS; Mrinali Gupta, MD; Sarju Patel, MD; Donald J. D’Amico, MD; R.V. Paul Chan, MD; Amanda Artis, MS, MP; and Szilárd Kiss, MD
- Simultaneous Dexamethasone Intravitreal Implant and Anti-VEGF Therapy for Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration Resistant to Anti-VEGF Monotherapy by Bozho Todorich, MD, PhD; Aristomenis Thanos, MD; Yoshihiro Yonekawa, MD; Gerta Mane, MD; Madeleine Hasbrook, MD; Benjamin J. Thomas, MD; Maria A. Woodward, MD, MS; George A. Williams, MD; Antonio Capone, Jr., MD; Jeremy D. Wolfe, MD, MS; Lisa J. Faia, MD; and Tarek S. Hassan, MD, PhD.
The issue also features Special Correspondences, Case Reports and Letters to the Editor. Link to complete issue.
Authors seeking to submit papers are asked to visit https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jvrd.
The American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) is the largest retinal organization in the world, representing 3,000 members in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 59 countries. Retina specialists are board-certified ophthalmologists who have completed fellowship training in the medical and surgical treatment of retinal diseases. The mission of the ASRS is to provide a collegial and open forum for education, to advance the understanding and treatment of vitreoretinal diseases, and to enhance the ability of its members to provide the highest quality of patient care. www.asrs.org
About SAGE Publishing
Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content publishing more than 950 journals and over 800 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. Our growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. www.sagepublishing.com
(Published January 27, 2017)