22nd Annual Business of Retina Meeting
The 22nd Annual Business of Retina Meeting will be held March 20-22, 2020 at the Four Seasons in Dallas, Texas. This popular course is designed for retinal physicians and administrators of vitreoretinal practices to learn the business principles necessary to maximize practice success in an increasingly complex medical environment.
All meetings and events held in conjunction with the ASRS Business of Retina Meeting must be reviewed and approved by ASRS. The satellite symposium application can be downloaded here. Please direct inquiries to Sam Zerang.
Don’t miss the opportunity to attend a special pre-meeting business skills workshop at the Business of Retina Meeting on Friday evening, March 20 at 7:00-9:00 PM. This inaugural session is offered to all attendees at no additional charge this year. RSVP to reserve your spot.
Topics will include:
Financial Reporting and Management of Part B Drugs in a Retina Practice
Speakers: Paul Lucas, MHA and Jim Driscoll, CPA
This talk will include highlights of accounting for a Retina Practice with an emphasis on the buy and bill drug process:
- Common financial statements – what they mean and how to use in management
- Cash vs. Accrual - practical aspects of each
- General Ledger set up – sometimes less is more
- How to functionally and financially manage and report the buy and bill process at each stage - purchase, storage, and payment
Revenue Cycle Excellence…Practical Strategies for Success
Speaker: Michael Romano and Tina Hodges, MHA, CPC
This talk will focus on the critical aspects of the revenue cycle process such as: data inputs at patient registration and strategic analysis of accounts receivable. Specific discussion of hands-on strategies to:
- Ensure that the correct information is entered at patient registration in order to successfully submit claims.
- Train staff on correct data collection and entry and measuring staff performance on this metric.
- Evaluate accounts receivable by payer and plan in order to find high yield opportunities to drive down AR.
Click here for the meeting agenda.
Early Bird Rate (By February 14, 2020)
Technician/Practice staff: $550.00
Regular rate (After February 14, 2020)
Technician/Practice staff: $620.00
IMPORTANT: when registering more than one individual, you must "sign out" after each registration is completed.
Refunds will be granted to registrants who submit written requests prior to February 14, 2020, less an administrative fee of $100. Requests must be in writing and will not be accepted over the phone.
Following this course, you will be able to:
- Address how current changes in the health care system will affect patient care and discuss compliance as it relates to quality clinical care.
- Cite current reimbursement and compliance issues.
- Maintain appropriate chart documentation and compare eye codes and equivalent E&M codes.
Four Seasons Resort & Club Dallas at Las Colinas
4150 North MacArthur Blvd, Irving TX
Please note that ASRS's room block is now sold out. You may contact the hotel directly at (972) 717-2499 for rates and availability.
Audio-Visual Likeness Release: At this event, the American Society of Retina Specialists may be photographing, videotaping, and/or audio-taping. Through your participation, you acknowledge these activities and agree to allow your image and likeness, if recorded, to be used by the ASRS in Society publications, on the ASRS website, and in marketing and promotional materials. Attendees of this ASRS event waive all claims against the Society for any liability resulting from these uses. Attendees agree that no compensation will be received in connection with the recording, use or distribution of their images.